Age Management and Anti-Aging Services
- Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Bio-identical hormones are identical in structure and function to the hormones produced in the human body, and they are a natural way for women and men to supplement deficient hormones. Women going through menopause or peri-menopause and men going through andropause can greatly benefit from bio-identical hormone supplementation.
- Anti-Aging Nutrition
Today we all live in a “toxic soup” world. To minimize “oxidative stress” and avoid reckless premature aging, and to detoxify your body, Dr. Chavez offers cutting-edge anti-aging nutritional products that will complement your personalized bio-identical hormone replacement regimen.
For those who are also interested in losing weight, Dr. Chavez is introducing a breakthrough Medical Weight-Loss Program (average weight loss of 25lb in the first 12 weeks) that is nutrition-based and designed for individuals who want to achieve true, long-term healthy weight management.
- Bioidentical Hormone Pellets
- Without a doubt, Bio-identical Pellet Implants are the future of bio-identical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT). They can safely, effectively, and very conveniently treat symptoms in both men and women. Small implants are placed under the skin which consistently release small, physiologic doses of hormones, providing optimal individualized therapy with very few (if any) adverse side effects.
- FDA-approved Botox Cosmetic is a simple, non-surgical, physician-administered treatment that can temporarily smooth moderate to severe frown lines between the brows in people from 18 to 65 years of age. It is the only treatment of its type.
- Dermal Fillers
Unlike traditional surgical procedures that often make a patient’s face appear taut and gaunt-looking, injectable dermal fillers, including the PRP Facelift procedure (see below), can immediately restore lost facial volume where it is needed most.
After a local anesthetic is administered, a safe, non-allergenic “dermal filler” (Restylane®, Radiesse®, etc.) is injected directly into the areas that need volume restoration (e.g., cheek bones, lips, jawbone, hollow areas around the eyes, etc.). Some swelling and bruising and mild discomfort may occur after the procedure. However, these side effects typically go away within a few days. Normal activities can generally be resumed within a day or two. The end result is a softening of deep lines and wrinkles and a re-contouring of the face that creates a more youthful appearance.
- Radiesse is setting the new standard for the correction of facial lines and wrinkles, and is the ideal treatment for Nasolabial Fold correction. Radiesse works with your body, below the skin’s surface, to stimulate the production of collagen and encourage tissue regeneration. It does more than just temporarily fill in facial lines and wrinkles; it rebuilds your skin’s foundation. You get immediate results and look younger, longer.
- Restylane is a safe and natural cosmetic dermal filler that restores volume and fullness to the skin to correct moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds. In a simple procedure, Restylane is injected directly into mid- o-deep dermis for long-lasting correction of facial wrinkles and folds. Results from a typical Restylane treatment have been documented to last for about six months. However, individual results may vary. Restylane offers instant long-lasting wrinkle correction!
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Procedures
For many years, orthopedic surgeons, dentists, and veterinarians have quietly been using platelet rich plasma (PRP) derived from a patient’s own blood to support and grow new tissue that will help the patient heal more rapidly from surgery or recover from a recent or past injury (Google “Tiger Woods PRP Treatment”).
This breakthrough bio-technology is also being used safely * and effectively in a variety of exciting new medical procedures which Dr. Chavez is certified and licensed to perform.
The PRP Facelift instantly restores lost facial volume in both women and men with little or no “downtime” and continues to rebuild lost collagen and elastin in the face or neck over many months following the procedure.
* IMPORTANT NOTE: To date, no adverse reactions have been reported for any of the above PRP procedures. This is not surprising, given the fact that the material being used for the procedures (PRP) comes directly from the patients, themselves.
Watch the videos below to learn more about what these exciting new procedures can do for you or those you love and care about. Learn more about PRP Therapy and the many benefits it has to offer here.
- PDO Thread Lift
- PDO Thread Lift is a revolutionary new FDA-Approved treatment for skin tightening and lifting and for “V-shaping” the face. Read more about the PDO Thread Lift procedure here.
- PRP Facelift
Step 1. Revive The Shape of Your Skin
At the core of all connective tissues in the human body is a highly organized water-binding molecule called hyaluronan, better known as hyaluronic acid (HA). The unique properties of the sugars that make up HA contribute to the overall structure and cushioning of the skin. HA also facilitates the maintenance of healthy skin by promoting intercellular communication for efficient elastin and collagen production. Because the natural synthesis of HA’s component sugars slow not only with age but also with sun exposure, HA’s water-binding capacity to retain moisture is weakened. With less moisture in the skin, collagen and elastin production also slows and shallow to deep wrinkles begin to form as the skin loses it’s youthful structure.
In order to restore the look of fullness to your skin, a normal level of HA water-holding complex needs to be restored. By utilizing a long-lasting hyaluronic acid gel, Dr. Chavez can lift the skin away from the bone and youthful volume can be restored to a beautiful shape. This initial injection of HA is the first step in the journey to a younger you.
Step 2. Repair and Strengthen Your Skin with Blood-Derived Growth Factors
The internal essence of your blood contains life-giving fundamental protein growth factors designed to restore and strengthen your skin. Dr. Chavez utilizes a leading-edge patented technology specifically designed and verified for aesthetic applications. With a simple, quick and advantageous process, Dr. Chavez is able to harness a very high concentration of your biological nutrient-rich cells and create autologous platelet-rich plasma (PRP).
1st. Dr. Chavez draws a similar amount of blood required for a basic lab test.
2nd. Dr. Chavez places the blood into a centrifuge and spins the blood at a very rapid rate to separate the platelets from the other components of the blood.
3rd. The platelet-rich plasma is activated to release at least 8 essential growth factors and signaling proteins.
Platelet-rich plasma is a regenerative technology that deploys aspects of your own biochemistry. The activated growth factors will instinctively know how to repair and strengthen the specific tissues where they reside. And, because all constituent parts retrieved in PRP are exclusively from you (autologous in origin), there is virtually no risk of an allergic reaction or intolerance. Nevertheless, before the treatment you should disclose all the medications you are currently taking (including herbs) to Dr. Chavez.
Growth Factor Production Known Effects
1. Epidermal Growth Factor
Plays a significant role in the regulation of cell growth, proliferation, and differentiation during the remodeling phase. Stimulates keratinocyte and fibroblast production.
2. Transforming Growth Factor
Promotes angiogenesis which is the physiological process involving the growth of new blood vessels.
3. Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor
An important signaling protein involved in both vasculogenesis and angiogenesis, the growth of blood vessels from pre-existing vasculature.
4. Fibroblast Growth Factor
Promotes angiogenesis, granulation, and epithelialization for the intricate process of the skin repairing itself after injury.
5. Platelet-Derived Growth Factor
Attracts macrophages and fibroblasts to the zone of injury. Promotes collagen growth and proteoglycan synthesis.
6. Interleukins, Macrophages, keratinocytes, endothelial cells, lymphocytes, fibroblasts, osteoblasts, basophils, mast cells.
Activates fibroblast differentiation. Induces collagen and proteoglycan synthesis for healthy cell production and repair of damaged tissues.
7. Colony Stimulating Factor
Stimulates granulocyte and macrophage proliferation for the growth of healthy tissue and blood cells.
8. Keratinocyte Growth Factor
Keratinocyte migration, differentiation, and proliferations directly enhance wound healing and the generation of new skin.